Inland Marine Contractors' Equipment Insurance
Equipment loss can stop construction in its tracks. Distinct risks can threaten contractors’ equipment, from weather, theft and transit, to less experienced machine operators. Did you know?
- Construction companies are losing over a billion dollars annually to theft and vandalism1
- 33% of contractors’ equipment losses are due to a collision.2
- There were 103 weather events, each with damages in the billions from 2000 to 2014.3
Whether your equipment is used on job sites, such as an infrastructure project or stadium construction, or stored during non-use, Travelers can make a difference for your owned, leased or borrowed equipment.
Travelers Inland Marine is the leading contractors’ equipment insurer. We strive to meet your needs with:
- Broad protection that is flexible enough to meet your equipment needs.
- Local account executives that understand your projects and the associated equipment needs.
- Limits and capacity to handle your largest and most complex heavy equipment schedules.
- Only a 24-hour waiting period after a loss for rental of replacement equipment.
Who is this right for?
- Specialty trade and general contractors
- Real estate developers
- Building owners
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Insights & Expertise
The choice can have a long-lasting impact on your business. Here's a look at the benefits and risks to these options for filling your equipment needs.
If a contractor's equipment is damaged or stolen, construction can grind to a halt, threatening timelines and the bottom line. Know the risks to stay ahead.
Developing a plan in advance can help businesses weather unexpected emergencies.
Inland Marine Network
Travelers Inland Marine Network is our patented loss mitigation process that provides a competitive advantage for our customers. Our dedicated specialists in risk mitigation, Claim and special investigations identify and minimize risk to help keep your operations running smoothly. Our risk mitigation specialists can work with you before and throughout even your most highly engineered projects.