Inland Marine Contractors' Equipment Insurance
Equipment loss can stop construction in its tracks. Distinct risks can threaten contractors’ equipment, from weather, theft and transit, to less experienced machine operators. Did you know?
- Construction companies are losing over a billion dollars annually to theft and vandalism1
- 33% of contractors’ equipment losses are due to a collision.2
- There were 103 weather events, each with damages in the billions from 2000 to 2014.3
Whether your equipment is used on job sites, such as an infrastructure project or stadium construction, or stored during non-use, Travelers can make a difference for your owned, leased or borrowed equipment.
Travelers Inland Marine is the leading contractors’ equipment insurer. We strive to meet your needs with:
- Broad protection that is flexible enough to meet your equipment needs.
- Local account executives that understand your projects and the associated equipment needs.
- Limits and capacity to handle your largest and most complex heavy equipment schedules.
- Only a 24-hour waiting period after a loss for rental of replacement equipment.
Who is this right for?
- Specialty trade and general contractors
- Real estate developers
- Building owners
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Insights & Expertise
If a contractor's equipment is damaged or stolen, construction can grind to a halt, threatening timelines and the bottom line. Know the risks to stay ahead.
Help prevent premises liability issues like slips, trips and falls, as well as safety risks like fires and assaults, with premises security tips.
Travelers Inland Marine Network is our patented loss mitigation process that provides a competitive advantage for our customers. Our dedicated specialists in risk mitigation, Claim and special investigations identify and minimize risk to help keep your operations running smoothly. Our risk mitigation specialists can work with you before and throughout even your most highly engineered projects.
Risk Management Resources
- More than 700 Risk Control consultants countrywide, with valuable industry experience, supported by dedicated Inland Marine Specialists
- To accommodate our customers in today's fast-paced business world, we offer solutions and resources that can be delivered on-site, online and on-demand. These solutions are offered to help customers develop strategies to minimize their exposures and/or disruptions resulting from property damage
Our skillfully trained investigators help deliver optimal claim outcomes for our customers by actively pursuing avenues of recovery 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for all cargo and other specialty losses.
- 30,000 employees are available to help in the event of a catastrophe
- Claim Accounting Services offer a sophisticated, in-depth evaluation of our customers’ business interruption losses
- 24/7 loss reporting, online or by phone