Inland Marine Builders' Risk Insurance
When constructing a building, it takes a lot of planning to get things just right. Contractors and project owners need to attend to every detail to make sure their projects will hold up under unexpected challenges.
With Travelers you can be confident that the unexpected is protected. No matter the size or scale of your construction project, we offer you coverage and services to keep it moving forward. Our expertise extends in a broad spectrum of projects, including stadiums, arenas, bridges, renewable energy, multi-story residential, educational and medical/healthcare facilities.
Construction Pak® – Builders’ Risk
Our enhanced Builders' Risk product goes beyond the basics with a broad coverage form designed specifically for the diversity of construction projects that come your way. It includes coverage you write the most with the flexibility to create tailored policies to meet unique risks. Here's just a sampling:
- Replacement cost valuation paired with a broad coverage covered property definition
- Extensive definition of covered property with temporary and permanent works such as cribbing fencing, signs, and scaffolding
- Broad additional named insured
- Soft costs that can be specifically defined with tailored limits or an automatic $100,000 limit with option to increase
- Equipment breakdown coverage along with jurisdictional inspections
- Automatic green building coverage
- Permission to occupy coverage
Who is this right for?
- Specialty trade and general contractors
- Real estate developers
- Building owners
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Insights & Expertise
When assessing your fire risk, consider these common sources of workplace fire hazards or ignition sources.
Water damage continues to be a leading cause of insurance claims for buildings under construction, as issues with pipe installation and weather continue to be common sources of water-related losses.
Travelers Inland Marine Network is our patented loss mitigation process that provides a competitive advantage for our customers. Our dedicated specialists in risk mitigation, Claim and special investigations identify and minimize risk to help keep your operations running smoothly. Our risk mitigation specialists can work with you before and throughout even your most highly engineered projects.
Risk Management Resources
- More than 700 Risk Control consultants countrywide, with valuable industry experience, supported by dedicated Inland Marine Specialists
- To accommodate our customers in today's fast-paced business world, we offer solutions and resources that can be delivered on-site, online and on-demand. These solutions are offered to help customers develop strategies to minimize their exposures and/or disruptions resulting from property damage
Our skillfully trained investigators help deliver optimal claim outcomes for our customers by actively pursuing avenues of recovery 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for all cargo and other specialty losses.
- 30,000 employees are available to help in the event of a catastrophe
- Claim Accounting Services offer a sophisticated, in-depth evaluation of our customers’ business interruption losses
- 24/7 loss reporting, online or by phone