What Is Marine Contractors Insurance Coverage?
Many potential exposures exist for marine contractors when engaging in commercial and residential construction activities on and around the waterfront. Large-scale weather events and fire are just two of the major and common perils that can halt business and sink profits. With 40% of all business owners failing after experiencing a disaster1, it's important to protect your business.
Travelers understands the marine construction business inside and out and will be responsive to your insurance needs. We can provide tailored protection for your marine and non-marine exposures as well as specialized Risk Control and Claim services to ensure you’re protected before, during and after a loss.
Marine Contractors Insurance Coverage
Travelers offers a broad package of specific coverages designed to protect marine contractors.
- Marine general liability includes coverage for products and completed operations liability for work performed from watercraft.
- Marine contractors liability provides coverage for property damage to marine structures.
- Commercial hull, and protection and indemnity (P&I) protects vessel owners against physical damage to the ship and legal liability.
- Bumbershoot (marine umbrella) provides excess liability protection over both marine and non-marine coverages, including auto liability, general liability and employers’ liability.
- Contractor’s equipment with waterborne coverage.
- Property and casualty coverages, including property, auto, and business interruption.
Who Is Marine Contractors Insurance Coverage Right For?
Marine contractors that engage in:
- Pier and dock construction
- Wharf and bulkhead construction
- Breakwater and riprap construction
- Harbor and marina construction
- Bridge maintenance and repair
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Ocean Cargo Insurance
For importers, exporters, manufacturers, commodities traders and freight forwarders.
Marine Services Suppliers Insurance
For companies that provide marine services on or around the waterfront, such as ship repairers, terminal operators, boat manufacturers, marinas and more.
Marine Transportation Insurance
For maritime transportation businesses operating tugs and barges, crew/supply boats, excursion vessels, ferries and more.
Marine Property and Casualty Insurance
Travelers understands the challenges and nuances of the waterfront and has a portfolio of insurance solutions to meet your needs.
Insights & Expertise
Business Continuity Planning in 4 Steps
Having a strategy – before an event happens – helps to maximize the chance your business can recover while minimizing the loss of property, life and assets.
What Is Contractual Risk Transfer?
Making sure you're not held responsible for mistakes or errors made by a service provider, subcontractor or other party can be critical to protecting your business.
Two Types of Liability
Product liability can generally be broken down into types of liability: negligence and strict liability. Learn more to help protect your company from liability risk.
We have one of the largest Risk Control departments in the industry, and our scale allows us to apply the right resource at the right time to meet customer needs.
Ocean Marine Claim
Our knowledgeable Claim professionals will respond to your needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism. It's our business to help keep you in business.