Marine Transportation Providers Insurance
Companies within the marine transportation industry face unique exposures in their daily operations. Unforeseen events, such as collision, fire and weather, can cause losses for business owners.
Travelers offers a broad package of coverages designed for marine transportation businesses carrying goods or people.
- Commercial hull and protection and indemnity protect vessel owners against physical damage to the ship and legal liability.
- Marine liabilities and marine general liability (MGL) includes coverage for products and completed operations liability for work performed.
- Bumbershoot (marine umbrella) provides excess liability protection over both marine and non-marine coverages, including auto liability, general liability, and employers’ liability.
- Property and casualty coverages, including property, auto, crime, and business interruption.
Who is this right for?
- Crew/supply boat operators
- Excursion and sightseeing vessel operators
- Ferry operators
- Pilot associations
- Police and fire boats
- Research vessel operators
- Tug and barge operators
- Workboat operators
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
For importers, exporters, manufacturers, commodities traders and freight forwarders.
For marine contractors who perform a wide variety of jobs when engaging in commercial and residential construction on and around the waterfront.
For companies that provide marine services on or around the waterfront, such as ship repairers, terminal operators, boat manufacturers, marinas and more.
Travelers understands the challenges and nuances of the waterfront and has a portfolio of insurance solutions to meet your needs.
Insights & Expertise
Business continuity planning can help protect you from long-term risks. Build a business continuity plan with these 4 steps.
The best time to think about a natural disaster is when there is not one in sight. Learn how we can help you prepare should an unexpected natural disasters strike.
Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control Specialists have valuable industry experience and can help customers identify ocean marine exposures and develop strategies to impact those exposures.
Some of our resources include:
- On-site consultation, conducted by professionals from a team of over 700 risk control consultants, supported by dedicated marine specialists.
- A team approach with both customers and agents.
- Deploying the Travelers Special Investigations Group (SIG) that can work directly with clients in developing theft prevention and recovery strategies.
- Assisting customers with Business Continuity Planning, using our online and on-demand resources to help minimize operational disruptions, should a loss occur.
- Assisting customers with business continuity planning tools, to help them identify critical areas for consideration and minimize operational disruptions, before a loss occurs.
Additionally, Travelers Ocean Marine Risk Control offers extended global services through a select network of marine surveyors.
Ocean marine customers have specialized needs and require high-quality claim services that complement their unique business requirements. Knowing this, Travelers has dedicated professionals specializing in cargo, hull and marine liability.