Additional home insurance coverages available to you
Travelers understands that one size does not fit all when it comes to insurance. That's why we offer optional coverages (endorsements) that you can add on to your basic homeowners policy. Some of the more common add-on coverages include:
- Special coverage for contents. Provides broader protection for your possessions; your personal property is covered in more situations than the basic policy.
- Contents replacement cost coverage. Pays the replacement value on property damaged by a covered loss - with no deduction for depreciation - subject to your policy limits and deductibles. Special limits apply to certain items such as jewelry, watches and furs.
- Additional replacement cost coverage. If the limit of insurance on your home is too low to cover a total loss, this coverage makes available an additional amount to help rebuild your home.
- Valuable Items Plus. Provides higher limits and expanded protection for special classes of property such as jewelry, silverware, fine art, furs, cameras, musical instruments, and home computers.
- Personal articles floater. Should you need even higher amounts of coverage than that offered by the Valuable Items Plus endorsement, this separate valuable items policy is also available.
- Coverage for water back-up. Provides coverage up to a specific dollar amount if water backs up through your sewer or drain, or if water overflows or is discharged from your sump pump.
- Identity fraud coverage. Provides up to $25,000 to help cover costs to restore your identity if it's used fraudulently.
- Green home coverage. Additional protection to an existing Travelers policy that will help repair, replace or rebuild with green materials, after a covered loss occurs.
Keep in mind that damage caused by floods is not covered by homeowner insurance. To discuss your flood insurance needs, call your independent insurance agent or Travelers representative at 1-866-601-4330.
Let a Travelers representative give you guidance on what optional coverages might best meet your needs and your budget.
The information on this site is general in nature.
Any description of coverage is necessarily simplified.
Whether a particular loss is covered depends on the specific facts and the
provisions, exclusions and limits of the actual policy.
Nothing on this site alters the terms or conditions of any of our policies.
You should read the policy for a complete description of coverage.
Coverage options, limits, discounts and deductibles are subject to availability and to
individuals meeting our underwriting criteria.
Not all features available in all areas.
Insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company and its property casualty affiliates, One Tower Square, Hartford, CT. For a complete list of personal insurance underwriting companies, click here.