Workers Compensation Insurance - Small Business
In the event that a work-related injury or illness should occur, workers compensation coverage helps provide protection for you and your employees. For the injured employee, it helps provide important benefits like medical care and compensation from lost work time. For your business, it helps to protect against lawsuits and legal fees should the employee, or their family, decide to sue.
In most states, employers are required to carry workers compensation insurance – even for temporary or seasonal workers. Workers compensation laws and regulations can be different and complex state-by-state. But it doesn't need to be complicated for you. Travelers can easily and expertly navigate you through the process.
We are the #1 writer of workers compensation.1 Here's why we're the top choice, year-over-year, for small businesses:
- Employees First – comprehensive medical solutions for injured employees
- Flexible Payments – a variety of convenient payment options such as EFT, pay-as-you-go, and credit card
- Fast and Easy Service – quick to respond when you need us most with self-service certs
- Proprietary Risk Control Services – we can help you recognize and prevent accidents before they happen
- Boots on the Ground – a national carrier with local Claim professionals
- Thought Leadership – we take a remarkably different look at today's workplace and the modern risks that come with it
To protect your employees...
- Medical expense benefits
- Lost wages benefits
- Over 2,000 workers compensation claim professionals to simplify the claims process
- 500+ in-house nurses and medical professionals to ensure a timely return and smooth transition back to work when medically appropriate
To protect your business…
- May limit your liability if sued by an injured employee
- Safety resources and expertise available to reduce workplace accidents
- Investigative team for claims
Find an Agent
Need an Agent?
Get the personal service and attention that an agent provides.
Find a local agent in your area:
Related Products & Solutions
Insights & Expertise
A simple and practical guide to understanding the risks a modern small business workplace faces.
Workforce Advantage is Travelers’ comprehensive approach to managing workers compensation. It involves attracting and hiring candidates, onboarding and training and supporting and engaging employees.
Medical-cost management strategies are embedded in our core products, including Travelers’ medical cost containment solutions that can save customers an average of 60 cents for every medical dollar billed.